December 31, 2016

Miniature in the Mail #50: "The Great Indoors"

"The Great Indoors," 4x6in., oil on masonite

And for my final painting of 2016, the nice round number of 50 in my Miniature in Mail series, "The Great Indoors," because it's winter, I like my books and stereo and violin, and I'm a fan of Marcel Proust.

The door is the backside to the entrance of the famous Bradbury Building in downtown L.A. Most people may be more used to view in the other direction, down the narrow entrance lobby, designed to look like a Parisian alley, and opening up into a naturally lit, cathedral-like atrium chock full of ornamental iron, tiling, and polished wood. But I thought this angle was intriguing too.

The interior, which makes you feel as if you've stepped back in time a century, has been used for countless film and TV shoots, not all of them properly concurrent in classic Hollywood fashion.

The future that looks like the past in Bladerunner.

Anyway, have a safe and happy New Year, and see you in 2017!

For this mini painting and others like it, visit www.ivanostocco.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment