Sottopasso Le Cure - SOLD

"Sottopasso Le Cure," 18x24in., collage, spray, acrylic, and oil on birch panel

Still stuck on this punk-rock neighbourhood in Florence where I did my shopping and through which I cycled en route to my studio all last year, and recently revisited.

This entrance into a pedestrian underpass (sottopasso) square in the middle of Le Cure stopped me in my tracks every time: the liveliness of it, the colour and way the light falls over it, the mystery and anticipation of the darkened tunnel at the end. The everydayness.

Apart from the graffiti, poets stuck their latest scribbles on the walls and taking in the lines would keep my mind engaged for enough time to get where I was going.

For this painting and works like it, check out my website, www.ivanostocco.com.

Comments