Offcuts (No. 5)

Here's the fifth in my "Offcut" series, smaller pieces made using a combination of straight-up painting with brushes and scrapers and a monoprinting technique. Each is a 1:1 section I've reused from a larger painting, in this case this one.

The scene is from somewhere in the Phoenix, Arizona area. I was there for an art show, got up early in the morning to walk, and got lost. Fortunately, I had my sketchbook and camera on me. There's nothing like desert light in the morning.

This is an original mixed-media painting on cradled wood panel. It's layered with acrylic paint, spray paint, and collage. It's varnished with a UV-protectant varnish and gallery wrapped, so ready to hang unframed as it is, keeping with the more modern look of the work.

"Offcut (No. 5)," mixed media on panel, 12" x 12"

$225 + free S&H in North America

PLEASE NOTE:
I do my best to use environmentally responsible pigments, varnishes, and other materials, all while upholding the strictest archival conventions and not losing anything in the way of colour or vibrancy.

Comments