Contact with Ground - SOLD


"Contact with Ground," acrylic on hardwood panel, 15" x 20"

Since socializing and human interaction in a real physical way is out of the question these days, I've taken to treewhispering and getting to know my prehistoric self - with some surprisingly not too unhappy results, I'll admit.

From David Abram, Becoming Animal: An Earthly Cosmology: "Direct sensuous reality in all its more-than-human mystery, remains the sole solid touchstone for an experiential world now inundated with electronically generated vistas and engineered pleasures; only in regular contact with the tangible ground and sky can we learn how to orient and to navigate in the multiple dimensions that now claim us."

And from Jenny Odell, How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy: "I am not an avatar, a set of preferences, or some smooth cognitive force; I'm lumpy and porous, I'm an animal, I hurt sometimes, and I'm different one day to the next. I hear, see, and smell things in a world where others also hear, see, and smell me. And it takes a break to remember that: a break to do nothing, to just listen, to remember in the deepest sense what, when, and where we are."


PLEASE NOTE:

I do my best to use environmentally responsible pigments, varnishes, and other materials, all while upholding the strictest archival conventions and not losing anything in the way of colour or vibrancy.

$450 USD + free shipping SOLD

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Check out my website, www.ivanostocco.com, to see more of my work. I'm also on Instagram @ivano_stocco.

Comments