Birds of America (No. 1)

Artists build up and repair perception. They de-blind and de-deaf us to the sensual world. And in so doing they open space for reattachment to life’s vital things, helping us conceive of alternatives to what’s become commonplace and inured.

When art works - when reasonable supports for it are around - it isn’t pretty or splashy or cool. It isn’t beholden to church or king (today, politics and the market). It doesn’t flatter its audience or sell sports drinks.

This is “Birds of America (No. 1),” mixed media on board, 12” x 12”.

I’m not a fan of the avant-garde appreciation for shock. But I do think nothing good can come from not looking and ignoring.




 
$225 USD + shipping/taxes included

PLEASE NOTE:
I do my best to use environmentally responsible pigments, varnishes, and other materials, all while upholding the strictest archival conventions and not losing anything in the way of colour or vibrancy.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Check out my website, www.ivanostocco.com, to see more of my work. I'm also on Instagram @ivano_stocco.

Comments