Life in the Fast Lane - SOLD

"Life in the Fast Lane," oil on canvas mounted on panel, 30" x 30"

And meanwhile, behind Disneyland and the Disneyland-of-the-mind: great feats of brutalist engineering drenched in sun.

The other day I caught an interview on the radio with Henry Mintzberg, a professor of management. I thought I'd do my bit to listen to the other side, only it turned out I was in almost total agreement.

Interviewer: "You're trying to get people to look at things as they are, not as we wish they would be."
H.M.: "Yeah, I came out of the womb like that."
Interviewer: "I think you did, yeah. [Chuckle, chuckle]. But that's the point, to look at it coldly, to look at it for what it is."
H,M.: "Yeah, but I want to look at it warmly."

They were talking about healthcare, but in my dream scenario it'd hold for art as well.

Check out www.ivanostocco.com for more, wonderful people.

Comments